In a sea of store-bought valentines, one-of-a-kind Photo Cards from kids really stand out. Make sure your child's Valentine's Day cards come in at the head of the class with one of these fun, easy projects:
Love Is in the Air
- Scotch tape
- Construction paper
- Cut out two dozen construction paper hearts. You can stick to one color or mix two different hues for added fun. Make the hearts about the size of your palm.
- Have your child stand against a blank, light-colored wall. Mark the spot where your child's head hits the wall.
- Tape the hearts on the wall in an inverted triangle, making the point be at the spot you marked on the wall.
- Take photos of your children posing beside the hearts, pretending to blow them out of their hands.
- Order 4x6 Prints of the best image from your photo shoot.
- Write "I love you from the bottom of my heart" on the back or have your child write the greeting.
Sweeten Things Up
- Safety pin
- 1 lollipop for each card
- Take a photo of your children with their fists extended toward you.
- Purchase Prints of the image or customize one of our Valentine’s Day Cards with the picture. Buy a few extras just in case!
- Once you have received the prints or cards, poke two holes into each one with the safety pin. Place the holes on either side of your child's fist.
- Slide a lollipop stick through the holes. It will look as if your child is holding it!
You can make this design extra fun by creating a Valentine's Day background on the wall behind your child, or add a message to the picture with your favorite digital photo editor.
Bubbles of Fun
- Drinking glass
- Safety pin
- 1 pink balloon for each card
- Scotch tape
- 1 plastic bag for each card
- Bubblegum balls to fill each bag
- Snap a head shot of your child or select a favorite photo that you already have on file.
- Order 5x7 Prints or a Valentine’s Day Card of the image. Purchase a few extras in case of errors.
- Place a drinking glass on the photograph, centered over your child's face. Use a pen to trace a circle around the image.
- Blow up all the balloons, so that they are inflated but still smaller than your child's head.
- Use the pin to poke a hole in the middle of your child's mouth. Push the balloon through, so that it looks like a gum bubble. Tape the knot of the balloon to the back of the card to keep it in place.
- Fill the plastic baggies up with gum. Tie the bags closed. Tape the baggies to the backs of the cards!
Your child will earn an A+ for creativity with any of these fun DIY Valentine's Day cards. Stage your photo shoot today then pick up your photos and cards easily with FREE Same Day Pickup!