Decorating with a family tree is a great way to honor your loved ones and spice up your home décor. Adding a family tree to the living room, a hallway, the kitchen or any other living space can be tons of fun and oh-so easy when you choose one of these simple ideas.
Spice up a wall.
Got a bland bare wall that could use some decorating? Fill up the space with a family tree by completing the following steps:
- Apply a large tree vinyl decal to the wall. These wall decorations peel and stick onto any flat wall finish and lift off without leaving behind marks.
- Order Prints of each family member from Walgreens Photo. Choose a mix of sizes for an eclectic look.
- Place the Prints in frames that match or complement the color of the tree and hang along the vinyl branches. Don't be afraid to mix and match frames. The more diverse the designs, the better!
Make a shabby chic statement.
If you have a passion for doodling, try this artsy family tree idea that adds a shabby chic touch to interiors:
- Hang a framed chalkboard on your wall.
- Sketch your family tree design in chalk on the blackboard surface.
- Arrange Framed Magnets on the branches. You can easily change the pictures periodically to keep your décor fresh and exciting.
Add natural appeal to the room.
Make your family tree three-dimensional with this easy-to-execute idea:
- Fill a decorative vase, planter or pot with branches. You can gather some from your yard and display them as-is or apply spray paint for a pop of color. Decorative sticks are also available at your craft store if you don't have time to collect your own.
- Hang Holiday Ornaments from the branches of the tree. We have many different options for you to choose from at Walgreens Photo, and each one comes with a ribbon attached for easy hanging.
There you have it! Three simple ways to celebrate family and add interest to your décor. Shop Walgreens Photo for Prints, Framed Magnets or Holiday Ornaments now and get your DIY project underway!