With your family all dressed up for spring, it's the perfect time to snap a few portraits. Check out these ideas for staging your photo shoot and putting those pictures to use.
1. Time It RightTiming is everything when it comes to family photos. Trying to keep the kids still when they're anxious to hunt for eggs is a recipe for disaster. Coaxing smiles out of your baby just before nap time isn’t any easier. Choose a calm moment when everyone is feeling good to snap your shots.
2. Set the Stage for FunAnimated, happy portraits capture the personality of every member of your family. You can set the scene for lively pictures by choosing a fun setting that will encourage the kids to play. Don't worry about whether everyone is looking at the camera. Let everyone act naturally and see what you capture.
3. Fill in the SceneProps can add an extra special touch for Easter photos. Include seasonal items like Easter eggs and plush rabbits.
4. Don't Sacrifice ComfortDress-up attire doesn't have to feel confining. Your family's smiles will be more natural when they're wearing comfortable dress clothes. Choose pieces with the right fit made from soft breathable fabrics like cotton and linen.
5. Phone a FriendIf you’re having a bunch of friends and family over for the holiday, ask someone to help take photos of your family in their Sunday best. This way, you will all be able to be present and smiling in the images. If there isn’t an extra hand to help, use a tripod and set a timer on your camera to snap your family photo.
6. Tell the StoryGather your favorite photos from the shoot and the rest of the Easter festivities into a Photo Book that you can treasure forever. With FREE Same Day Pickup, you'll be able to bring home the book to share with your family in no time.
There you have it —the recipe for a hoppingly fun Easter photo shoot!