|Tips for Creating Your Custom CD
You can hand-pick the photos for your Custom CD by organizing your albums in advance. Just go to your Photo Library by clicking the My Photos tab at the top of any W Photo page, and move or copy the pictures you want between existing albums or into new ones.
Note: You will not be able to select individual photos from your albums to add to your CD, so the albums you include must contain only the photos you want on your CD. Once you've started making a CD, you can't stop to organize your albums and then return.
After you've created and edited all the albums you want to put on CD, click on the Create button and then the "Photo CD" link in your Photo Library.
Note: The following features are only available with Photo CDs being shipped to you, not those ordered for pickup at a Walgreens store.
The Photo CD is organized into folders—one for each album you've selected, with the same name as the album. Your individual photos are in these folders. The photo files themselves are named using the first 8 characters of each photo's caption.
For example, if you include an album named "Vacation" containing a photo captioned "Dinner on the Lake," your CD will have a folder called "Vacation" and, within the folder, you'll find the photo "Dinneron.jpg."
If you want to have your photos in multiple albums, you can keep your photos in their current locations and place copies into new or different albums. You can copy photos from your own albums and from friends' albums that have been shared with you.
To copy photos, follow these steps:
Repeat this process to create more new albums if you want.
- Go to your Photo Library.
- Click the Edit & organize button, and then click the "Copy photos" link.
- Select the album that contains the photos you want to copy.
- Select photos to copy.
- Click the button next to the album where you want to place copies of the photos. To copy your photos into a brand new album, choose the first album on the page, and type an album title in the text box below it.
- Click the COPY PHOTOS (or COPY PHOTO) button, and we'll add copies of your selected photos to the desired album.
You can move photos from your own albums into new or different albums. When you move a photo, it will no longer exist in the original album; it will only be found in the new location.
To move photos, follow these steps:
When you're finished creating and editing albums, click the My Photos tab, click the Create button, and then click the "Photo CD" link. You can then add albums to your CD.
- Go to your Photo Library.
- Click the Edit & organize button, and then click the "Move photos" link.
- Select the album that contains the photos you want to move.
- Select photos to move.
- Click the button next to the album where you want to place the photos. To move your photos into a brand new album, choose the first album on the page, and type an album title in the text box below it.
- Click the MOVE PHOTOS (or MOVE PHOTO) button, and we'll move your selected photos to the desired album.